I had a ticket to the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert and was super pumped about an afternoon of tailgating with friends. Mom was going to watch the boys for me but has been battling kidney stones all week and was not up for it. We bought tickets months ago so it was a really going to be a bummer to have to miss it; but Tanner stepped up to the plate and came over to hang out with the boys for the evening so that I could go! No tailgating, but it was still a good evening and I was so thankful I got to go and see my hottie Tim! It was a great show! The boys were SO EXCITED when I told them that Tanner was going to "babysit" them for the evening. I have never left the boys with a sitter so this was a really big deal. But Tanner is 15 and the sweetest kiddo ever and very responsible and I felt really comfortable about leaving him in charge. I told the boys they didn't have to take baths and could stay up as late as they wanted as long as they were behaving. I left them about 4:30 with pizza money and Tanner brought over his x-box. What more could they need?! Haha! Tanner said they were great all evening. They had a good time and so did I; so it was a win/win situation.
Sunday started out pretty normal except that we all slept "late". I was up before the boys were even moving around which NEVER happens! We were still dressed and walking out the door for church right on time when I realized I had a flat tire. I had to call roadside assistance to come out and was so thankful we were at home when it happened. There was a nail in the tire - ugh. Luckily they were quick to respond and we still made the 11:30 service. We had celebratory lunch plans with all my family over Starla and Doug's exciting news...baby #2 is on the way!! I am sooooo excited for them to have another sweet baby! Astraea is super cute about it all and I know it will be another special blessing for our family! After lunch at Babe's we went over to the little log cabins and did a quick tour. Then we headed to NTB to get the tire repaired. No problems on the repair till we walked out of NTB to find my tail light cracked. Um no - it was not already cracked and yes, they tried to give me the run around until I found the ball-barring still stuck in it and they had to take responsibility. What a mess. Just praying they get it all resolved this afternoon when I run my car back up there for the manager.
We ended the day with a trip up to Sonora Park to play at the splash pad. Then it was bath and snuggle time on the couch to watch Nemo. It was a good busy weekend with my sweet sweet boys. I am one blessed momma!
On Sunday Nolan walked in just all full of himself and said "Mom, guess who I am?" I turned around to find him standing there in my bra just laughing. I asked who and he replied "Tim McBra!" We both just belly laughed over it - it was so funny. I just couldn't stop giggling about it. This picture is certainly going to be a family favorite for a long long time.
Uggggh!