Life has recently become a little sweeter for me… I am dating someone! The past year has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Dating was definitely at the bottom of my list of my priorities. I honestly never expected to be dating at this point. It’s been five months since my divorce; is that too soon? I think many would argue yes. Me being one of them until now! But as everyone knows - my marriage was over long before that piece of paper was in place. I spent months fighting for my marriage and my family – when I gave up I was truly able to let it go and begin to heal. I know I tried everything I could have to save it and most importantly I know I consulted with the Lord on each and every step.
The progress of my healing was hard to see and feel at first. I have always been a strongwilled person and where in most areas of my life that would be considered a strength, in my spiritual life that was a HUGE weakness. I needed help and healing but wasn’t able to see that or accept it from God. As things began to fall apart last year; I was truly vulnerable for the first time in my life. It allowed me to depend God on a new way - not just think of him as a partner but as the leader! What a difference it has made in my life!! I see changes every day in my walk with the Lord now. I have a relationship with Him I didn’t know was possible! My quiet time is amazing – so much has come from it. Just last weekend I pulled out my two previous prayer journals and ended up in tears over how many of those worries and prayers have been answered and lifted from my heart. PRAYER REALLY CHANGES THINGS. I cannot say that enough. Anyways, through this past year of discovery I have grown and healed in more ways than expected. I know that I still have lots more work ahead of me and that to build trust with another person is going to be hard but I also know that I am ready for the challenge!
Divorce Care was and is the best thing I could have done for myself. Working through the bible study and fighting through the topics week by week changed everything for me. My friends from that group are heaven sent for sure. Together we have all grown, done the hard work to heal after a divorce and slowly changed our lives. I know them in such an intimate way – we all know the nitty gritty and have been there. I never expected to meet someone in that class but I did! We slowly and steadily have built a friendship over the past six months and recently it’s become more. You know the saying “When someone shows you who they are – believe them.” That is so true and I feel like I am walking into this with my eyes wide open. He is a great guy and we have a lot of fun together. I like that we are taking things slow. I am trusting that God will continue to lead me down this path if this is what he wants for me right now.