Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of School!

Okay, so I am just going to admit it...I SUCK. I did not take a picture of Nolan on his first day of school. That NEVER happens. I take pictures of EVERYTHING. But I left both of my SD cards on my desk at work and didn't realize it until about 10:30 Sunday night. It's not like I was going to get them before school, so we just didn't take any. Of course I had planned to take some on day 2 and I forgot them again; in fact, I forgot them all week. Hudson's first day we made up for it! Scott and I both took the day off so that we could take and pick him up just like we do for Nolan on his first day. We just did it up...we took them to Chick-fil-a for breakfast (which NEVER happens) and to get yogurt at Yumilicious after school. I don't think Nolan minded too much about not taking pictures that first week since he basically got a bonus first day! :) We love Nolan's teacher Mrs. Ware. She is young and cute and seems super sweet! He is doing great in first grade and is in the accelerated math class. He loves having PE and Music everyday and library once a week now. Hudson's teacher is Ms. Traci and she is great too! We were a little worried he might get upset when we dropped him off. Boy were we wrong! He LOVES it! He cried on Friday when he figured out he wouldn't be going to school that day. He is in a class with all girls and he is eating it up. Such the ladies man! He told them his recent pick-up line that he has been using for a few weeks - "How old are you? I'm three. I'm cute; look I'm tan and brown." I guess it's because random people at the pool or in the grocery store always say things like "he's so cute" or "look at how tan he is!". So far he has used it on a random lady at Walmart, Nolan's new teacher on "meet the teacher night", my 21 year old cousin and the girls in his class. What's scary is that all of these girls have been super cute - tall, thin and blonde. Like he really knows how to pick pretty girls. GRAND - I think I've got a Guido in the making - hot girls and obsessed with tanning! Hope he doesn't want to move to the Jersey shore when he grows up!! Ha ha!

Hudson had to wear his school shirt the first day - that's why he's in Camo - ugh, I hate camouflage stuff.