Let’s see…Stevi requested a throw up story and oh how there are always so many to tell. I figured people are tired of hearing about the bodily functions of my boys since they are gross. Maybe I was wrong! Ha Ha! Well Stevi here you go –
Last week I took off work for Nolan’s first day of summer. It was a busy day because while having fun was top priority so was finding outfits for our family portraits that were scheduled for Sunday morning. I decided to coax the boys out to the mall by promising Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. We got dressed and were out the door by 8:45am! I figured if I could get my shopping out of the way early we would have plenty of time for some fun in the afternoon. Since I am typically working M-F I had no idea that all the stores in the mall didn’t even open until 10. Ugh! We ate breakfast (luckily the food court was open!) and then headed down the play area to kill time. I think that actually worked to my advantage because an hour later when it was time to shop the boys had already had their share of running and jumping. The boys were great while we were shopping. I was shocked! (A few weeks ago we went to the Hulen mall; Hudson was AWFUL! Running through racks, throwing fits, not holding our hand – seriously, it was out of control and we left within 10 minutes. It’s so hard because he is at the age where he will not get in a stroller anymore unless I force him and he screams until we leave the store. I have tried everything – threats, treats, time outs. He is nothing like Nolan was at that age. He knows Nolan isn’t confined so why should he have to be? Ugh.) Anyways, my secret weapon this time was the hermit crabs. There is a store that sells them and Nolan always wants to go see them. The deal was – IF you are both good, then we can go see them AFTER we find clothes. I also broke down and rented one of those car strollers from the mall – I hate them!
1. They are trashy to me.
2. They probably have a million germs on them.
3. They are FIVE BUCKS to rent!
Isn’t that crazy? Who knew? Well all I have to say is that was the best $5 I have ever spent! Since it was in the shape of a car – Hud hopped right in and was all about it. An hour later when he was over it and wanted out I would just remind him that if he got out that Nolan could get in and “drive it” – well he was not going to let that happen so he stayed firmly planted in the seat for 2 straight hours! CRAZY! We went in and out of every single store that sells children’s clothes and then it was hermit crab time!
We went into the store and Hudson wanted to stand on the stool next to the crab tank so that he could see them better. I unbuckled put him up there and within about 20 seconds he puked. Those tanks have about 50 crabs, all kinds of extra painted shells, sand and water filled sea sponges. I have no idea what smell set him off but it happened so fast I was completely caught off guard. I had to run to the clerk and ask for paper towels, clean up the mess, clean up Hudson and then leave the mall with two crying kids. Nolan was crying because he barely got to the see them, Hudson kept screaming “I’m better now!” like I was some crazy abusive mother who had just beat him over his behavior or something. I was SO embarrassed and of course their screaming didn’t help anything. I had such high hopes after how well the day started out. Once that fiasco happened, it was hard to recover. We met Christi and the kids for lunch which went okay. (I did have to take Hud into the bathroom once to talk about his behavior.) Then we went ran into Marshalls for just a “quick” look. Bad move! Nolan was begging for every crap toy we passed and I made Hud get in the buggy which then made him throw a fit for the rest of the shopping experience! Of course I found a shirt that was perfect for our family portraits so I had to stand in the LONG check-out line and torture the entire store. After that day, I swore to myself that if I ever see a mom in that position I am going to let her cut in front of me. I mean really, was it worth it for all those people to not just let me cut and get the hell out, instead of standing in that line for 15 minutes with a blood curdling screamer? We checked out and went straight home for naps!! When they woke, up my angels had returned and we were able to have a fun afternoon of just playing and doing kid stuff. I guess that was a fair trade. All and all it was a good day – just a typical day in the life of the Mays’.
If you were wondering where else Hudson has recently puked…..walking into Discount Tire (I guess the smell of rubber grossed him out?), walking into Petco (pet smells get him everytime), in MiMi’s brand new car (while throwing a huge fit about a toy), the bathroom (when he smelt his own poop! who does that?), walking into my grandma’s house (she was baking bread). I think that covers the past few weeks.