Friday, May 7, 2010

Meaghan and Todd's Wedding

Last Saturday we went down to Austin for Meaghan and Todd's wedding. (Well it was actually in a little town called Luling which is about 30 east of San Marcos.) It was a sweet little place right on the river, it was an old mill where they had built a pavilion with a giant flag stone porch and patio. It was a really neat venue, just beautiful! My aunt Cindy made the wedding cake and Scott and I were tasked with taking it down to the wedding. It was VERY stressful driving 4 hours with a wedding cake. I felt like I had a bomb riding in the back seat! It was boxed up and I had to stack it, pipe on the icing between each layer and then put on the butterflies that Meaghan had bought. I was pretty much freaking out when we got there and I had to do it. It was like all at once it hit me that I was responsible for the cake...SOMEONE'S WEDDING CAKE. Super scary! But I think it turned out just like she wanted it. (at least I hope so!) I also (of course) snapped tons of pictures because the place was awesome, the kiddos were scrumptious and the bride and groom were as close to perfect as you could get - just a beautiful wedding all the way around. I just love Meaghan, she has been Becca's best friend for forever and she is a wonderful person - so sweet and so much fun! She and Todd are made for each other and you can just feel the love when you are around them. We had a great time and the day couldn't have been better!