Thursday, February 12, 2009

Topics of the week...

I know I will not remember all the daily stuff that happens around my house ten years from now. That makes me sad because as crazy busy as life gets - I wouldn't trade it for the world. I thought I would stop and share things that happened this week: (this is really more for me later on in life - but you are welcome to read it!)

Scott ended his 11 year employment with Chase to start a new chapter in his work life with TXU. It was a scary decision to take a risk and change careers. It is SO hard to push out of your comfort zone and I am just so proud of him! In the mix of starting a four week training with TXU he came down with the flu on Tuesday. He has felt awful with high fevers, chills and feeling achy from head to toe; and even with all of that he has been at work everyday. I feel so sorry for the guy! But he knows that this company doesn't know him or his work ethics so he has to be there and suck it up. I love my husband dearly for the big and small things he does for our family each day.

Hudson started coughing and even ended up throwing up on Monday night and so I stayed home from work with him on Tuesday. I made a dr's appointment for him but it wasn't until 1pm. We took Nolan to school and then Hudson and I just hung out together. It was such a nice quiet day - just the two of us. I miss the fact that there are very few time when it is just me and Hudson one on one. Nolan still gets that time with us because of Hudson's nap times, but rarely is it just Hud. Dr. Fikkert confirmed it was a double ear infection. Poor baby. He is getting so big - repeating everything we say and copying everything that Nolan does. He is such a big boy at 20 months - wants to do all the big boy things. He has started singing Twinkle Twinkle and it is precious!! Oh yeah and he pooped in the bathtub on Wednesday night! Thank god Nolan wasn't in the tub yet because he would have puked for sure! Luckily it was just a little turd that i was able to fish out of the water and drain the water with no issues. Aw, gotta love em!

Nolan, not to be out done with Scott's flu, and Hudson double ear infection - came into my room at 4am with a terrible earache. I truly thought it might just be a ploy to get in our bed but I didn't let him because Scott was so sick. I put him back in his bed with some ear drops and Tylenol just in case there really was some truth to the sudden illness. In the morning he felt fine so I sent him on to school just to be called by the teacher two hours later that he had a fever and was complaining about his ear! Dr. Fikkert confirmed for the second time this week that I had a kid with an ear infection! Good gosh - can't a mom catch a break? We got him home and nursed him up and he seems to be much better today but I of course still kept him home from school. Poor kid had to miss his school Valentine's party!

I had scheduled a vacation day for tomorrow because I won a free mini session with my favorite photographer, Ann Beck! I felt like I had won the lotto a few weeks ago when I received her email about the session! I have been so excited because she takes the most wonderful pictures! I found the boys outfits and thought about every little detail so that hopefully we will get some cute shots and then of course ear infections have set in! I am now just praying that by tomorrow at 10am they will both be feeling back to their busy little selves and that the weather is beautiful like it has been all week!

On top of all the stuff above I am working on the following major event:
Planning a shower and a small wedding for my little sister Michelle. The shower is next weekend and the wedding is March 1st @ my house. Crazy and quick but will be beautiful and perfect I know. This entails - invitations for both events, food for both events, taking a few engagement pics, shower pics, and wedding pics - EDITING all of those pictures, cleaning my house, um, decorating my house to look "weddingish" and figuring out what to wear - enough already!

Plans for the glorious FOUR DAY weekend:
Tomorrow - photo session during the day, get new tires, bachelorette party tomorrow night for Abby!
Valentines Day - spend with my boys, Valentine's Day surprise planned for that night!
Sunday - get everything done for the shower and wedding
Monday - rest (yeah right!)

Wish me luck - I could go on and on about all the craziness over the next month but I will stop for now! :)

Oh yeah - just thought of something else that happened this week that was kinda funny. Becca came over on Monday night to help me assemble all the invitations for Michelle's shower. Simple enough right? Wrong - I still had to finish feeding the boys, clean up dinner so we would have the table to work at, then give them quick baths, Scott came home feeling bad, Hudson threw up because he was throwing a fit over his blanket and had to have a second bath, Daisy had a accident on the carpet, Nolan and Scott "accidentally" cracked a window by our front door and it seemed like there was something else but I just can't remember what it was. I wonder what is seriously going through Becca's head when she is just sitting at the kitchen table making bows while all of this madness is happening. It is just daily life and until she has kids she will have no understanding of how it just becomes "normal".

Goodnight!