Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012!

Christmas was again a blur this year – maybe even more so than in years past. The boys and I had an amazing Christmas. Much, much different than last year’s – thank goodness! Lots of time with friends and family and rushing from here to there but we made it through like we always do. Even with the hustle and bustle and gifts galore my favorite moments with my sweet babies had nothing to do with any of that… cuddling up and reading our Christmas books was special this year – it seemed like the first year that Hudson really listened and sat contently with me reading the familiar stories and we all enjoyed it so much. I loved sleeping under the Christmas tree last week one night – piled up with lots of blankets and Roxy in our little house of three. And when the snow started falling we ran outside from Granny’s house and caught snowflakes with our tongues and just enjoyed the cold silence and giggles for a second before returning to the food, family and noise inside. Our life is ever changing in so many ways. We have more to love and to be loved by than ever before. But even with those changes the everyday little things are still very much the same and for that I am grateful.

Here are some pictures to wrap up the last few weeks...

Pictures from the live nativity scene and Christmas carnival that we go to every year at Woods Chapel:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Christmas lights - this was an awesome neighborhood!  Most of them had lights like this that were like custom fitted for each peak and had designs - not just a plain strand of lights.  They even had one of those houses set to music - it was so cool!
 
 
 
 
Poor Hudson with the flu at the urgent care five days before Christmas.  Thank goodness for Tamaflu and a Sweet Pea to hunt all of south Arlington pharmacies to get it for us!
 
 
 
Trip to Houston with Roy and his boys to see his family.  We made a day trip over to Galveston and shopped The Strand and enjoyed the 75 degree weather!  This was a cute little candy/ice cream shop called La King's.  They make all their own ice cream and salt water taffy - delicious!
 
 
Roy's sister Roxy and her sweet kiddos - Mia and Mason.
 

 
We even found a Zoltar machine like from the movie Big - so fun!
 
 
We spent Christmas Eve at Nana's house and I gave them their big present from me which was an X-Box.  I thought they were going to die of a heart attack they were so shocked!  (It was long overdue to get some technology at my house!)  When we moved in with only the older hand-me-down tube tv from Scott's parents.  I planned last spring to buy a new TV but had just never taken the time to research TVs and do it; then I decided to just wait for the black Friday sales.  It was worth the wait.  I got all of the things we had been wanting for the cost of what I had thought I would pay for just a new TV!  Yay! 
 
 
 
 
 
Christmas morning after Santa we headed over to Roy's in our pj's for more gift giving and breakfast!
 
 
 
 
 
I took more pictures but they are on my other memory card and I will have to post them later!
 
This past weekend we went with Nana to Build-A-Bear for our first time ever.  She bought them each a gift card for Christmas so we went and had a blast making them.  It was really a cute concept - can't believe we hadn't done it before!