Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camp Thurman

Nolan has been at Camp Thurman all week. I was worried after our VBS meltdown that maybe he wasn’t going to be a very happy camper! But thankfully he has loved every minute of it! His Bible verse for the week is one of my favorites – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 Those words could not be more true.

Yesterday was day three of camp. Last night I was asking Nolan about his day and he told me a story that Joni had already told me but I wanted to hear it from him. He told me that they did some zip lines that were about 20 ft up and one of his little buddies got scared and started to cry when it was his turn. Nolan talked to him and gave him encouragement. (that right there would have been enough to shock me but then the story got better) He said that he told his friend that sometimes you just have to say a prayer. He said his friend asked how and Nolan said “I’ll say one with you real quick – God help us to be brave. Amen.” Amen is right! My sweet baby; that was like music to my ears! Maybe the highlight of my parenting career. He said it so quickly and matter of factly. He already knows instinctively to trust God and to go to Him for his worries and needs. Amazing. Imagine if all the world would think like that?

1st day!


Last day with his camp counselor Rydell!