Saturday morning we got up and went up to the "you pick it" place - Grismer Farms. They grow all kinds of yummy stuff so we picked a little of all of it. The boys loved being able to pick out the "best" veggies from each plant - it was like a scavenger hunt! We picked a bunch of different peppers, tomatoes and onions.
Adam (Nolan's buddy from next door) came over to play legos all afternoon.
All weekend Nolan and Hudson were obsessed with fireworks. They begged to go to stands all weekend. I took them to a stand Saturday afternoon and then Scott took them back again that night while I was at the movies with my mom. Let's just say that WAY too much money was spent on them this past weekend! And with the burn ban they haven't even been able to pop them! Scott did a few sparklers with them in the backyard but nothing much. We are not about all those big scary ones - just some of the little ones and smoke bombs but I still really worry about them.


Sunday we went to the swim beach with Nana. We also went and shopped in the square since it was 4th of July and Granbury also has a bunch of vendors set up. I needed some dip mixes that I love from one of the cooking shops and the boys got a pet turtle. Nolan named him Nipper. He is just a little tiny guy! (We are very careful when playing with Nipper because turtles can carry salmonella and everyone has to wash their hands after playing with him and use the antibacterial gell.) We also had our first trip to Taco Casa. Kinda like a Taco Bell but cheesier as you can tell from Hud's face! All in all a good day!
On Monday the 4th we spent the day over at Grandma's house. Uncle Dell cooked out and we all took sides and ate way too much! The kids went swimming and just played outside. It was good to spend time with my great-aunt and uncle Jeanenne and Guy who I don't get to see very often.
We ended the weekend with Yummilious and going to watch the fireworks in downtown Arlington. We did lots of dancing to the good 80's tunes while waiting for the show and I had made the boys a little goodie bag full of necklaces, poppers, snaps and candy to pass the time. We were so glad to be with Nana that night she always makes it fun!


