Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter

Easter was full of the typical crazy busy holiday plans. We started out the day with a visit from the Easter Bunny who hid eggs all over and brought the boys lots of candy, money, and little toys. They even had a few "big" toys in their baskets - lucky kiddos! Then we headed out for church. Scott and I signed up to teach Sunday School for a 3 yr old class at the 9am service. It was a lot of fun! Then after church we spent a little bit of time in the main lobby looking at a bunch of old bible artifacts that were on display. Pretty cool! It's a traveling museum that just happened to be at Rush Creek on Easter. Then we went to Grandma's for lunch where there was lots of family and fun. Our sweet Mamie passed away a few days after Easter and had been really bad for the past few months. Scott's side of the family didn't really "do" Easter this year but we still went by Mema and PaPa's house just to see her and visit for a little while. It was sad for us to know that Mamie was so close to the end. I am thankful we were able to have one last holiday with her here.(I have another post started for Mamie but I don't think I will have it finished tonight to post.) We ended the day at Granny and PaPa's. I left my camera at home so I didn't get any pics from dinner at their house. It was a nice day! I think the boys for the first time really had a good understanding about what Easter is really about. All week leading up to Easter, we read the stories of the events surrounding Good Friday. I was so glad that we did because with all of our family obligations - it would be really easy to get caught up and lose the true meaning. We talked about it again before bed and it just made my heart happy to hear them tell me what happened on Easter all those years ago! Thank you Jesus!







The best thing about this Easter was that my Uncle Dell was finally home with our family to celebrate it. I love him and I am so glad that he is home!
















These pictures are from when Scott pulled out the confetti eggs. He got Nolan from behind while he was sorting through his Easter candy and then the game was on!!


Check out Hud's throw!!!! Look at how Nolan is braced for the hit - haha!!

Action shot!!

This last picture is of my Grandma and my sweet Great Aunt Rosie. Love her and I am so glad she was able to spend the afternoon with us!