Thursday, October 14, 2010
You've Been Boo'd!
This year we came home to a special treat last week – someone boo’d us! To be boo’d means to leave special Halloween treats on someone’s doorstep along with a note and a sign that is taped to their door. The sign let’s everyone know they’ve already been boo’d. Then the note tells you to make copies of the sign and the note and “boo” at least two other families. I let Nolan and Hudson each pick out three families for us to BOO. We made up little treat bags this weekend and went after school to complete our mission. Nolan was hilarious because he was SO serious about it. He told me we should be incognito which I thought was so funny because I had just told him what the word meant over the weekend and he remembered. He wanted us to wear disguises while we boo’d everyone which last all of about thirty seconds – but it was funny. I love the age he is at right now – still little and like to be silly, yet able to do big kid stuff now. He wanted to get out and drop the good all by himself. (Which worked out great so I didn’t have the buckle and unbuckle Hud everytime!) He would set it all up and then post the sign and then ring the doorbell and RUN back to the car. It was such a little adrenaline rush for him. Too cute! By the last two houses Hudson had caught onto the fun and wanted to do it too. He messed it up for the first house because he rang the door bell before Nolan was ready and they got busted by Ryleigh! The boys had a great time doing it – I think it will be a new tradition for us!














