Thursday, October 14, 2010
PaPa's Birthday
Sunday night we went over to Mema's house to celebrate PaPa's birthday. This who we call "mimi's papa" (Scott's dad) - since we have four PaPa's it gets a little confusing so we say which grandmother they go with to keep it straight! :) Randy turned 54 this week so we met for pizza and cake. The boys get so excited to see Hunter and it makes them wild and crazy. Since it was already late and dark outside there was really no where for them to go play so they drove us CRAZY!! Note to self -do not go to Mema's for family functions at night if at all possible. It's just too hard to keep rowdy kids under your feet and think you are going to be able to have a conversation! Hunter is so great with the boys and they just love him to death so I know it's hard for them to have to sit and be quiet. They just want to play and wrestle, but it turns into this huge behavior battle. The problem was that Mamie was asleep so everyone had to be quiet. There is nothing quiet about Hud getting in trouble - so when he was acting crazy I couldn't put him in the corner or really discipline him the way I normally would. It was like he realized this and decided to just do what he wanted. Scott and I ended up in a fight over their behavior and by the time we left we were exhausted. We decided that from now on we will just take two cars to situations like this that might get "hairy". Then if they start acting up one of us will just take them home. maybe after a few times of having to leave early they will stop doing it. I know part of it is their age but rules are rules and they should do as we say. Ugh!



