Friday, April 10, 2009

Daisy Dogg



My sweet baby Daisy turned 11 years old this week. Where has eleven years gone? Last year for her birthday we made her a cake and invited all of the other dogs in the family over to celebrate her big 7-0 (in dog years of course!)...ha ha! This week was WAY too hectic to plan a party but I have definitely made a little extra time each day to snuggle with my pup! She was my first baby and sadly takes the backseat to the boys more often than I'd like to admit these days! She is such a sweet, loving, gentle dog - seriously, a GREAT dog. We have been so lucky to have her and have been blessed that she has been healthy and made it to eleven! She is slower and has a lot more grey these days, but still has the energy to keep up with our busy house! We started making her sleep on the floor a few months ago which was a hard adjustment for her and for us. She had slept in our bed since she was a tiny puppy. We did it because of her hips and joints - she is unable to jump up that high without our help now and at night she would jump back off our bed and then kinda yelp. I was worried she would hurt herself so we now just make her a nice cozy pallet on the floor. Too cozy I guess, because Nolan has now been sneaking into our room and snuggling up with her during the night. It is really cute but I never think to take a picture - I will try to remember to snap one the next time he does it! Hudson likes boss Daisy around and since that's about the only person in the house that will listen and do what he wants - he loves her! I constantly hear "Come On Daisy", "Daisy Come Outside", and the cutest is "Daisy, watch this!" (like she cares that he can kick the ball or race the car) Daisy equally loves Hudson because he always shares his food with her...there has been more than one occasion where I have caught Hud giving Daisy a bite - but not the whole thing just a bite um, like off his banana or Graham cracker and then he continues to eat it. Gross!!! And only Daisy would be polite enough not too take the whole thing - she just gets a bite and then lays back down waiting for the next offer. Now I police it a little better but God knows how many times it happened before I saw it! :) She is so loyal; even as I write this she is at my feet just snoring away! She always lays at my feet when I am in here, or is on the couch with me if I am watching TV or lays on the carpet at the entryway into the kitchen if I am cooking. She's my little shadow when I'm home - it's so sweet! Anyways, I just wanted to write a post about her - she is a big part of our family and we all love her dearly!