Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Florida

Last week I had to go to Florida for a business trip. I don’t have to travel very often but when I do - I HATE IT. I hate leaving my family, sleeping without Scott, being alone on planes and in hotel rooms and just everything about traveling period. It messes up our routines for the boys and disrupts the flow of life! I know I shouldn't complain because it really is not often that I have to travel, but I still HATE it. I typically try to look at the good things; I will actually have time to read a magazine from cover to cover and I will probably eat some yummy food - but those two little things don't typically make up for all the hassles. This trip was a little different because I have a friend that lives in the area and we had a dinner date planned that didn't involve clients or work! She works with me but for a different unit. We have been friends for a long time now. She has four sweet kiddos and works on the same account that I do. She used to work in our Deerfield Beach office but when she had twins three years ago she cut back hours and was able to start working from home. (out of her closet actually - funny but true, ha-ha!) Anyways, Frances is one of those people that I don't talk with all the time but when we do, we just pick up where we left off. I love her. She's great! I think we have a lot of the same values and we seem to have similar parenting styles and whatnot. We always have plenty to talk about. I was so glad that she was able to sneak away from her own family on a random weeknight and go to dinner with me! (I know how hard that it!) We ate at a place that was right on the beach and I really enjoyed our patio time! My actual client meetings went really well too. I was finally able to get some face time with my daily contacts which was good. All in all the trip was good and productive, but I sure was glad when I walked out of the airport terminal and was greeted with three smiling guys!